Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Chat Live with Ryan Newman

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Chat Live with Ryan Newman

join Ryan in chat Friday at 4:45 p.m. ET

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=14659

Old 02-16-2007, 07:38 PM
mopar98
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chat Live with Ryan Newman

Sweet another Newman fan.
I knew I wasn't the only one .

Old 02-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm a big Newman fan. I couldn't get my question in.

Here's what I could copy of the live show...

Scott Newtown,CT: Will we see your Busch teammate Sam Hornish Jr. is a cup car this year, also what is your opinion of the COT

Ryan Newman: I think there's an opportunity for Sam to try for a cup race this year. I'm definitely looking forward to debuting the CoT at Bristol this year.

RYAN NEWMAN
I think the penalties that have been lievied are appropriate, and if consistency has been honored, they're doing their job.

Petey (Fort Polk, LA)
What car is your dialy driver? Do you ever drive over the speed limit?

RYAN NEWMAN
I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup, and hey, everybody drives over the limit at some point.

Joe (NJ)
Besides you and your team who are the other drivers you think could win the championship this year?

RYAN NEWMAN
Obviously Johnson's gonna be tough, Matt Kenseth's gonna be strong. After last year, with so many guys missing the chase, it's a situation where you almost don't know.

Scott (Flippin, AR)
Newman,Are you going to race any dirt track races this year? And are things at The Ryan Newman Foundation?

RYAN NEWMAN
I plan on racing some dirt late-model races, don't quite know where yet, starting in April. The Ryan Newman Foundation is doing well, we're hoping to continue to raise awareness of the spaying and neutering of animals.

Nick in Phoenix
How 'bout them Boilers? Ther basketball team is on teh bubble this year, and the recruiting class for next year looks amazing.

RYAN NEWMAN
I don't necessarily follow them, but I don't root against them. I just stay focused on my racing.

Grace Williams Pine Grove WV
Hi! Your car looks pretty good so far this week, do you think its the new Charger nose, or the new ideas from the C.C.? I will root for you win or lose, but winnings better!

RYAN NEWMAN
It's a combination of both. We spent a lot of time in the offseason working on our Daytona 500 program, and we don't have the results yet, but I believe it will pay off.

Kevin Olney, IL
What is it about former USAC drivers that has made them have some pretty good success in NASCAR?

RYAN NEWMAN
I think our car control and ability to drive at several different racetracks across the country helps us to adapt to NASCAR schedules.

John, Merrick, NY
Hey Ryan, huge fan of yours-What were the most important areas to focus on this offseason as a team to bring you back to the success that you're used used to, and are you confident that they were taken care of and addressed? You looked really strong in the 150s-

RYAN NEWMAN
We spent a lot of time working with their intermediate program, working with their data for the CoT. I feel we'll be competitive this season and grow as a team.

Beth Anderson (Fishers, IN)
Hey Ryan, have you made any commercials in the off season and which commercial that you've done so far is your favorite. Thank you for making Indiana proud and I look forward to a great racing season.

RYAN NEWMAN
We did a new Gillette commercial, and it'll be debuted at the Daytona 500. You can see it at GilletteYoungGuns.com. Thanks for the support!

Kevin (Chicago, IL)
Hi Ryan! Best of luck for the new season! I enjoy the Alltel podcasts, any chance you'll get on there this year?

RYAN NEWMAN
I'm actually scheduled to do the majority of them. It's a new experience for me, and I'm hoping to do my best. Claire B. Laing is hosting.

Josh, Knoxville, TN
Ryan, what do you think has improved Penske's restrictor plate program over the past few years?

RYAN NEWMAN
We've put a lot of emphasis on it. The Penske group has done a great job building an engine specifically for the program.

Jessica (Richmond VA)
Thanks for taking our questions Ryan! Do you get nervous before a race? Do you ever have a hard time sleeping?

RYAN NEWMAN
Nope, usually when I get tired, I just sleep. I don't get nervous like I used to, just because I have more experience now.

Mike L., Madison, WI
Ryan--Other than Darlington, what are your favorite tracks?

RYAN NEWMAN
Dover in Michigan, Atlanta, Indianapolis is a fun track to drive, and Daytona when I get a fast racecar.

Shane Toronto Ont. Canada
Any Canadian appearances planned this year? I was hoping you would run the Busch Race up here but it seems that didn't work out schedule wise.

RYAN NEWMAN
No, I'd like to be part of it, but I've got to do what the team allows me to do.

Connie-Amelia, VA
Hey, Ryan! Great picture of you fishing on Sunday! Did you catch anything? How much fishing or hunting were you able to do in the offseason?

RYAN NEWMAN
I had a fish on it, and broke it off. We just did the Darrell Glynn charity fishing program. I spent a little bit of time fishing in the offseason.

RYAN NEWMAN
Thanks for talking, and I appreciate your support! Looking forward to a great Daytona 500 with Alltel Dodge!

Old 02-16-2007, 08:31 PM
mopar98
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanx Midnight
That's what u got to love about Nascar drivers.
They take the time to answer questions from their fan's
I think Newman is so cool for doing this.
I hope he runs his late model car up here in Ohioat Eldora Speedway.
Taht would be great to see him in person and watch him on the dirt.

Quick Reply: Chat Live with Ryan Newman