Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

VW vs Honda (sad I know)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 07:28 PM
deerang
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VW vs Honda (sad I know)

Not exactly the kind of race you guys want to read about, but it was the most action I've seen in a while (Sucks being in school). I was driving with 2 friends in my stock '98 VW cabrio, 2.0L (absolutely gutless), 5spd, with 278,000km (175,000mi) down busy street, 80km/h limit and I had this guy in a prelude riding my *** for a good 10km. I wasn't really in the mood to race, seeing as how it was beginning to snow, and there are usually cops on this street, but the tailgating when I'm already speeding, and late braking pissed me off. As if a sign form God, the street got completely free of cars and we were stopped beside each other at a red light. Not once did i even look over at this guy, because we both knew it was gonna go down.

I drop the clutch and my 195/70 R14 snow tires spin (no screetch cuz engine doesnt put out that much power hahah) and we are dead even off the line. I pull away going into second, I either had a longer gear ratio or took the rpm a lil higher than him. Second gear is an absolute joke, i mean the engine is making a lot of noise, due to the massive cone filter on there, but we really arent going all that fast. 65............70.........................80....... ............85....................90 and its time to shift into third. Ive got almost a car length on him and i pull for third and continue to "pull" away form him. i backed off at the top of third gear, about 120km/h and i had at least 2 cars on him. My buddy in the passenger seat just looked at me in disgust, as if to say "That was the slowest race in the history of street races!!" But at least I won.

After I backed off the guy cut me off and tried to get me to follow him. *$&# NO!! I'm not a moron, i was in a ****ty area of Toronto, at about 1030 at night, and i just beat a guy in a 1992 Honda Rust-box. I slowed down, he turned the corner, I kept driving straight.

Its "races" like these that make me miss driving the D.

Old 03-05-2007, 12:46 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: VW vs Honda (sad I know)

You damned ricer get off of the board Deerang.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:35 AM
deerang
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VW vs Honda (sad I know)

haha, trust me, I'm no ricer. Just feeling the pinch from $1.02/L of gas lately. (about 3.30 US$/G)

Quick Reply: VW vs Honda (sad I know)