Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

4x4 to 2x4

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 06:15 PM
75trailduster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4x4 to 2x4

I know I know I'm a sinner !
But hear me out. !
I'm coming into a fairly built 440 with blower set up and a matching 5 spd !
Im thinking of putting it in my 75 td and leaving the front stock and raising the rear some.
I want an unusual tire smoker !!
Now the thing I'm wondering is. If the td or rc came straight axle 2wd ? If so which years. ?
Also need help looking for a roll bar for this thing ! Hell even some good close up pics of a factory set would help. I can fab it up if I see how it looks. !
Anyway thanks for the help on this.
Also I am fairly dead set on 2wd I never take this one off road and it's a summer ride only now.
Ive got plenty of off road stuff I want a truck that will smoke out the neighborhood and look cool doing it. !
I know it's a lot of work but I've got time. To get this done.
This winter the body is coming off and going to body shop for. Rust repair and paint.
The interior is being redone by a good friend now my part is the engine and drive lines plus blast and send frame to paint lol.

Old 06-19-2017, 04:29 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

So far as I know, the 2wd were all IFS. You would have to fab something up, if that's what you wanted.

Welcome to DF.

Old 06-23-2017, 12:07 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

A 2x4 is a piece of wood...