Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

Ramcharger transmission oil cooler

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 04:21 PM
TheGleaner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ramcharger transmission oil cooler

So I bought a 1984(built 11-83) ramcharger along with a 1985 half ton pickup from a former Mopar mechanic who bought the ramcharger for the rims and found out that it had a "monster" oil cooler on it, which he said was factory, and put it on the half ton pickup. I am now wondering what the parts number is so I can order one again for the ramcharger, or at least the size as I can't really get to it( in the pickup) since it's between the radiator and the condenser.

The oil cooler does look to be the width of the radiator and at least half the height.

Old 09-08-2017, 06:37 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

That's pretty substantial. Is it engine oil? Or trans fluid?

Welcome to DF!

Old 09-08-2017, 08:34 PM
TheGleaner

Originally Posted by HeyYou
That's pretty substantial. Is it engine oil? Or trans fluid?

Welcome to DF!
Transmission. Thanks for the welcome.

Both match also(paint, eng/trans, interior), they have just about every option available. Thats kinda the reason for asking, as any book/manual I've seen just shows a little trans oil cooler. I haven't checked a original service manual though.

Old 09-08-2017, 09:40 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

It's possible it is aftermarket, and replaced the little one that was originally there..... You could just go to the parts store, grab the biggest, meanest one you can find, and install that.

Old 09-08-2017, 10:48 PM
TheGleaner

Originally Posted by HeyYou
It's possible it is aftermarket, and replaced the little one that was originally there..... You could just go to the parts store, grab the biggest, meanest one you can find, and install that.
well its a good idea, but I don't really want to mod anything though, I'm kinda thinking that it will be more of a show vehicle than anything.