Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

Stock rear leaf spring height

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 08:38 AM
Rob Tackett
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock rear leaf spring height

I'm a total noob to RCs and am in the process of installing a Rough Country 4" lift. My question is.... What was the height of the rear spring blocks? Mine already has 4" blocks and Rough Country says they should have been 2" and then stack the block they sent which is 4". Anyone know what the stock block height was? I'm wondering if the previous owner changed the blocks at some point to compensate for weakend springs or sagging. Thanks for the help

Old 02-12-2018, 09:24 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Parts catalog shows two possibilities stock, 3", or 6"........ Does it look like anything up front was changed??

Old 02-12-2018, 11:18 AM
Rob Tackett
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It doesn't look like anything up front was changed at all. And it looked to be stock height before I started installing the Rough Country lift. The instructions are horrible that came with the lift. I just eyeballed the rear blocks and guessed 4", I'll measure them. I called Rough Country and at 1st they said stack the new block on top of original block but in my opinion it seems too much and the guy at rough country 1st said dont stack then said the original should be about 2" and to stack them. He kinda contradicted himself. I'll measure the one that was on it. Thoughts on stacking? From what I've read its a bad idea. I plan for very light if any offroading more going for a certian look but also looking for safety which outweights the "look". The kit came with a add a leaf and a new block.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:45 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

It seems the almost all of the lift companies don't have an issue with stacking blocks on the REAR axle........ (and universally say NOT to on the front axle....) But, I am just not a fan of stacking blocks on either end of the truck. Just gives the axle a longer lever arm to twist the springs out of shape. An add-a-leaf, or new springs would be my preference.

Quick Reply: Stock rear leaf spring height