Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

1985 dodge ram charger heater core issues

Old 04-22-2018, 02:52 PM
J.W. COWAN
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 1985 dodge ram charger heater core issues

my 85 ramcharger has issues with heating and cooling.. i believe the heater core needs replacing..
is this a job i want to tackle or should i bite the bullet and let a mechanic do it..
and should i also replace the evaporator core while they are replacing the heater core...
suggestions welcomed

Old 04-22-2018, 04:18 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

is the heater core leaking? if it is not leaking it might just need a rinse out. does the a/c work? if so you will likely need to take it to a shop to get the work done since playing with a/c requires special tools.

Old 05-02-2018, 06:53 PM
Bigfoot60
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heater core

Originally Posted by J.W. COWAN
my 85 ramcharger has issues with heating and cooling.. i believe the heater core needs replacing..
is this a job i want to tackle or should i bite the bullet and let a mechanic do it..
and should i also replace the evaporator core while they are replacing the heater core...
suggestions welcomed
It is not that hard of a job I did it last summer at the same time ya might want to put in a new head light switch. As you pretty much have to dismantle dash.Straight forward bolts on the firewall and a few inside the cab. Replace the resistor at the same time its on the heater box.The box will be full of dirt so clean out the dirt, whole project was easy. If ya have A/C replace the evaporator.

Last edited by Bigfoot60; 05-02-2018 at 06:54 PM. Reason: add more

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1985 dodge ram charger heater core issues