Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

Help finding a Pitman Arm, 82 4x4 Ramcharger

Old 05-14-2018, 02:07 PM
MJSchutt
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help finding a Pitman Arm, 82 4x4 Ramcharger

Just bought an 82 4x4 Ramcharger for $500. The previous owner changed the steering box, but when he couldn't get the pitman arm off the old one, he just turned the steering box in for core with the pitman arm still attached. I need to find a new, stock pitman arm and need some help finding one. Maybe someone on here has one laying around after doing a lift? I figure the pitman arm must be a part that works across multiple different trucks of the era, and just knowing what to look for would really help me out.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:15 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,164 Likes on 2,918 Posts

Yep, apparently, they used the same part for quite some time......

1974.5-93 4WD Dodge Pickup, Ramcharger

That was a drop pitman arm though..... so, not quite what you are looking for, but, certainly widens the range of vehicles you can look at.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:00 PM
MJSchutt
Amateur

In case anyone needs it, the part number I needed was 4088045. This is for the 4x4. The pitman arm for the RWD is different for some reason.

Old 08-08-2018, 09:34 AM
Shepard929
Amateur

The reason it’s different between the 4x4 and the 2wd is because the steering box is bolted in two different locations. The 4wd is the lower position I believe to better reach the knuckle. There’s actually holes in the frame to move it to the 2wd position.

so you have no lift at all? Poke around scrape yards a bit. Should be hundreds of them available. Whenever I get my crossover steering done I’ll sell you my old one xD (if you want to wait for 10 yearz!)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help finding a Pitman Arm, 82 4x4 Ramcharger