Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge SUVs > Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon
Reload this Page >

Canít get the oil pan to drop ?!

Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

Canít get the oil pan to drop ?!

Old 05-02-2019, 04:40 AM
Kane Madison
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canít get the oil pan to drop ?!

All the bolts are out but it wonít drop. Iíve tried to pry and pull slide it every which way, of course not enough to bend or damage the pan. The front is down but the back is stuck on the the transfer case or whatever it is thatís right behind it. Wondering if I have to drop that orrr??? Maybe Iíll try to jack it up and see if I can get any more wiggle room??

Old 05-02-2019, 06:47 AM
Moparite
Champion

Vehicle /motor info may help. Did you remove the oil pump? Pick up may be stopping it.

Old 05-02-2019, 05:02 PM
Kane Madison

Itís an 88 ram charger w the 360, I didnít take the oil pump off.

Old 05-03-2019, 08:02 AM
HeyYou
Super Moderator
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You can't take the pump off until the pan is out of the way........

Did you pull the dust shield off the trans? Pan sticks back into it a ways, and it will hang up on it when trying to drop it out.

Old 05-09-2019, 05:33 PM
muskote

With the 360 you need to make sure that the first/front counterweight of the crankshaft is not pointing down.
Try to rotate the crankshaft in little steps and try again. And like said, the dust cover of the trans needs to be removed.
Still a bit tricky, but it works.

You will remember the removal as a walk in park, when you have accomplished the following installation with a fresh gasket and wet sealer upon...

PS: Donīt forget remove the dip stick; with the rear sump itīs guided through a channel inside the pan.

Last edited by muskote; 05-09-2019 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 03:54 AM
Kane Madison

Once I took the dust shield off it came out just fine. Got it all back together now.

But now I have an electrical issue, my turn signals wonít work.

Iíve checked the fuse itís good & getting power.

It doesnít feel like the switch is messed at all it clicks up and down as normal, doesnít have any extra play up or down.

The hazard/flasher lights work so I know it isnít the bulbs. Also the hazard switch is not sticking causing it to cancel out the turn signals..

maybe a loose connection somewhere? I canít find a wiring diagram anywhere on the www. that seems to do me any justice.

Plz send help thanks 😂

Last edited by Kane Madison; 06-19-2019 at 03:58 AM.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:43 AM
HeyYou
Super Moderator
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Do the lights come on, and just don't flash? Or do they not come on at all? I *think* there are two separate flasher units for the e-flashers, and turn signals......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Canít get the oil pan to drop ?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: