Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

Hello all

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 08:54 PM
Trixter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello all

Hi guys and gals(are there any in here?)

This is my first post, so please take it easy on me.

I just recently got my Dad's 83 Ramcharger, and I am chomping at the bit to start working on it. But I have hit a creative impasse.

Here is my problem: I am used to doing custom workmotorcycles and cars. I get this mean truck, and I am stuck about what to do with it.

Anyone got any ideas out there about what I can do to it? Anyone got any links to pictures?

Thank you for any tips that you might have!

Will Johnson

Old 04-26-2004, 02:37 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hello all

Yes there are girls here...

Well, lifting it is probably the most common thing to do, they make great off road vehicles...

~Amanda

Old 04-26-2004, 06:47 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've always wanted to chop the top 3 inches. Drop the whole thing to the ground with an emphasis on handling and braking. Build a healthy smallblock (450 HP), manual Richmond tranny, Dana rearend with 4.10 gears. Get some good bucket seats, a strong sound system that doesn't take up every inch of interior space. Paint the thing 2 tone blue with alloy rims and the windows tinted.

You asked.

Old 04-30-2004, 03:01 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i also have one trixter, and as for chopping it..its not a 1955 roadmaster...

how about some stats? 4wd? 360?

Old 04-30-2004, 05:10 PM
Trixter

The truck as it sits right now is a 4 wheel drive with the 360 in it. I did some poking around, and found that that particular year did not come with a 440 engine option. Ya gotta go back to the 1979 to get a 440 option.

It stands to reason that since there are not a lot of changes from the 79 to the 83, and since the engine bay is absolutely gargantuan, then a 440 should be able to at least fit in there.

Will Johnson

Old 04-30-2004, 09:22 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i dont think that there is that much change from the 79 to the 83. i would think that the much newer RCs were different, but i would be willing to bet that the engine mounts would come out of the 79, and right into the 83, with only a minor amount of welding.
mine also has a ton of room, i think you should put a hemi in it.

Old 08-26-2004, 07:35 PM
moparcop

What do you want to do with it? Show, street, mud, trail, rocks?
P.S. never never never drop a pre 94 truck ever, I love the body style but droped they look stupid, I have never seen a box body style truck look good dropped....but thats my oppinon.
let me know what you want to do with the RC and I'll try and give you some ideas

Old 11-05-2011, 07:54 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker

ALL WAYS carry one or two ballast resisters. some have a 2 pin resister, some have 4 pin. they go out generally in heat or cold. some times in the winter water runs down the panel, and freezes be hind the resister, braking it. just unbolt it and let it just hang. all so chrysler cars only use hex head screws under the hood. if you find a slotted screws its not stock.