2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gumout Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017 | 03:34 PM
MoparFanatic21
|
Legend
Default Gumout Review

Ok as some may know I won the Gumout contest. Here is my review on their products. Now I got it for free so I'm unbiased, and what I'm going to post is what happened in my case. Now here is what I got sent.
Now they did include one more All IN One Fuel System Cleaner+Ethanol Treatment, but I used it without taking a picture first. Now I took my truck on a 1350 miles round trip towing a 12,500lbs camper for a buddy. Before the trip I had a leaking injector and my gas mileage was 6 City 10 highway.
Now my truck was abused by the PO and I knew the fuel system needed a good cleaning, but never had time to do it. So after we got to the place and started to head home. I added the All IN One Fuel System Cleaner + Ethanol Treatment until the next gas station fill up (with me having a gasser was pretty quick) then added the One N Done to the tank filled it up. Now on the way back towing the same camper my fuel economy went up to 10 City and 16 Highway. Now I didn't drive different so you can't blame that. It actually did improve my gas mileage. Now after about a week and needed another fill up I added Multi-system Tune-Up and drove the truck another oh say 250 miles and so far the injector hasn't been leaking. So will this stuff stop your engine from burning oil? Probably not. Will it help with fuel economy, I'd say yes because it did for me. Now you can add the Multi-system Tune-Up to your engine oil to stop a good bit of stuff (or so it claims) but I am iffy about adding my last bottle to the oil. I will contact Gumout to see if they will cover my engine if it causes damage. If they do I'll try it in the oil. I will post follow ups.

Old 10-24-2017 | 10:54 AM
Ramman18
Champion

There was a contest on here?

Looks like the standard store products like seafoam and slick50 or whatever. I get whatever's on sale and pray it helps a little.