2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Plenum gasket

Old 05-18-2019, 05:06 PM
MoparFanatic21
Champion

Originally Posted by potentshadow View Post
I recently did a plenum gasket, thermostat, thermostat housing, water pump and gasket and my temperature indicator always reads about 180 which is the type of thermostat I put in. Is there anyway I can make sure the temp readings are actually accurate so Im not driving my truck at high temps and not realize it?
Any scanner (even the chain stores ones) can show you what the PCM sees as the temperature

Old 05-19-2019, 01:16 PM
Jeffery Last

Well I put the truck on the barn approach, ran the idle up a little and watched the coolant in the radiator... have quite a bit of bubbles..... went for an hour drive... so far temp is running lower. Granted the outside temp is now in the 40s.. will see again when it warns up. Thanks all for the imput

Old 05-19-2019, 02:02 PM
MoparFanatic21
Champion

Originally Posted by Jeffery Last View Post
Well I put the truck on the barn approach, ran the idle up a little and watched the coolant in the radiator... have quite a bit of bubbles..... went for an hour drive... so far temp is running lower. Granted the outside temp is now in the 40s.. will see again when it warns up. Thanks all for the imput
I just had that problem today actually 85 temps and it was right under 200 (I have a 180 thermostat and it is always at the quarter mark). Bought some distilled water topped it off and it's back to normal.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Plenum gasket

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: