3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Windows wont roll down

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 11:58 AM
Tactstyle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windows wont roll down

I can roll down all 4 windows from the driver's panel but the switches dont work at the doors, anyone else have this one??

Old 10-28-2009, 12:05 PM
Deviate
Professional

Not to ask a dumb question, but do you have the window lock engaged on the driver door control? That makes it so that only the driver can control the windows. I have mine engaged so my kids can't mess with them.

Mine have started having trouble from the driver control lately. But I'm pretty sure it is just a loose connection inside that control. Once I pull off the door panel to replace my speakers I will fix that too.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:51 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Deviate
Not to ask a dumb question, but do you have the window lock engaged on the driver door control? That makes it so that only the driver can control the windows. I have mine engaged so my kids can't mess with them.
i have mine engaged so my wife doesn't play with the window....lol
I hate when people get in my vehicles and start to play with everything. if I want the windows down, then i will put them down. Nothing more annoying than one window down and not another. The pressure kills my ears.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:01 PM
Tactstyle

so that is what that button is , haha jk that was the first thing i tried

i think it might be a fuse or loose connection but i have no idea where to start looking

its not the end of the world because i can still roll em all down from my panel, it would be another story if i couldn't, i hardly ever drive with all 4 windows up

Old 10-28-2009, 01:22 PM
kjun
Professional

Originally Posted by Tactstyle
so that is what that button is , haha jk that was the first thing i tried

i think it might be a fuse or loose connection but i have no idea where to start looking

its not the end of the world because i can still roll em all down from my panel, it would be another story if i couldn't, i hardly ever drive with all 4 windows up
Power windows are pretty finicky but I would bet something (loose connection or faulty window lock switch) causing it to think the widows were locked thus only working at the drivers side. I would start at the drivers switch panel maybe.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:35 PM
MarvOhio

mine does the same thing every so often .. i beat on the door alittle bit and then they start working.. i've looked for loose connections and cant find one

Old 10-28-2009, 02:36 PM
jfrerichs89
Rookie

I have the same problem, havent messed with it but every once n awhile the passengers side would work it almost seemed like when the door was open i could operate the other windows from their doors but that stopped working so hopefully someone knows

Old 10-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Brock_USMC
Professional

Same problem here, it's been like that for a long time, I just live with it. It would be nice to fix it though. I was thinking the same thing, about the faulty lock button. My cruise control hasn't worked either, ever since I bought the truck.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Tactstyle

yeah with mine will randomly work, sometimes for a minute and others for a whole week....Its a little weird.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:41 PM
ram man17
Captain

your not the only one with this problem...mine acts exactly like yours. it only works when it wants to..havent found a loose connection either

Quick Reply: Windows wont roll down