Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Brake, ABS, Trac Off lights always on

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 12:28 PM
vluu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake, ABS, Trac Off lights always on

Hi,

I have a 2002 Dodge caravan SE 3.3L V6 with 145000KM on it. Just recently the Brake, ABS, and Trac off lights are always on in the instrutment panel. I am 100% sure I do not have any of these features on the VAN so why would they light up and how could i correct it? Brakes are in good condition, front disc and pads are new.

Thanks.

Old 07-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 08-009-02 should take care of it. Your dealership will reprogram the instrument cluster. If you'd like a copy send me a private message with an email address and I'll send it to you.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:03 PM
in2pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default updated bulletin 08-015-04

FYI this has been updated or superseded with 08-015-04, just went through this with my wife's 2002 Caravan, found nothing wrong and ran across this, here is the updated bulletin... love forums but they only work if folks follow up with what did and didn't work

NUMBER: 08-015-04
GROUP: Electrical
DATE: April 27, 2004
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 08-021-03 DATED JUNE 27, 2003 WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDES CORRECTING THE SUBJECT.
SUBJECT:
ABS, BRAKE, TRAC OFF and Security/Vehicle Theft Alarm (VTA) Cluster Lamps Illuminated on Vehicles not Equipped with ABS Brakes or **SKIM**.
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves using the DRBIII(R) to clear the instrument cluster of all learned features instead of replacing the instrument cluster.
MODELS:
2001 - 2003 (RS) Town & Country/Caravan/Voyager
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Vehicles not equipped with ABS brakes may have the ABS, BRAKE, and TRAC OFF lamps illuminated on the instrument cluster or vehicles not equipped with Sentry Key Immobilizer (SKIM) may have the Security/VTA lamp illuminated on the instrument cluster.
DIAGNOSIS:
If the condition is present, perform the Repair Procedure.

EQUIPMENT REQUIRED
NOTE: THE DRBIII(R) MUST BE AT LEVEL 55.0 OR HIGHER AND THE MDS2(R) AT CD 2111 OR HIGHER TO PERFORM THE REPROGRAMMING.
REPAIR PROCEDURE:
1. Connect the DRBIII(R) to the vehicle diagnostic connector, using cable CH7000.
2. Turn the ignition key to the ON position (engine off).
3. From the DRBIII(R) Main Menu, select # 1 - DRBIII(R) Standalone
4. Select # 1 - 1998 - 2005 Diagnostics
5. Select # 1 - All
6. Select # 3 - Body Interior
7. Select # 2 - Electro/Mech Cluster (MIC)
8. Select # 9 - Miscellaneous
9. Select # 1 - Reset Learned Features
10. Follow the directions on the DRBIII(R) screen.
11. When the DRBIII(R) returns to the Miscellaneous Menu, select # 2 - Reset Module.
12. Erase fault codes using the DRBIII(R).
13. Disconnect the DRBIII(R) from the vehicle.
14. Verify the ABS, BRAKE, TRAC OFF, and Security lamps are no longer illuminated.
POLICY:
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.

TIME ALLOWANCE

FAILURE CODE
Disclaimer
This bulletin is supplied as technical information only and is not an authorization for repair.

Quick Reply: Brake, ABS, Trac Off lights always on