Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: How to Close 3rd Row Windows

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 12:39 PM
gnhbay
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Close 3rd Row Windows

I am driving a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. One of the kids opened one of the 3rd row side windows, but now it seems impossible to close it. Any tips? They are the hinged windows. I can't even tell if the hinge needs to turn up or down to bring in the window - it seems totally stuck. It is almost enough to make me think they are power windows, but I've never seen any button to open or close them.

Appreciate any help - want to get them closed before it rains!

Old 05-11-2014, 04:01 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No owners manual? Download it from the Dodge website. It will show you the location of the buttons - probably on the driver's door. To close them manually on earlier models you just bush the elbow in the linkage off center from the inside then push the window closed from the outside.

Last edited by Cougar41; 05-11-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:28 AM
kuyabribri
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they are power windows the controls would be located in the driver's door armrest behind the power lock switch. If only one of the windows is open then you most likely have manual windows as the power windows open both sides at the same time and as far as I know there is no way to open one window independently.

I believe you have to push up on the linkage that holds the window open in order to close it. When all else fails check the manual as Cougar41 said.

Old 05-07-2019, 12:48 PM
Judi Mohler

Originally Posted by gnhbay
I am driving a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. One of the kids opened one of the 3rd row side windows, but now it seems impossible to close it. Any tips? They are the hinged windows. I can't even tell if the hinge needs to turn up or down to bring in the window - it seems totally stuck. It is almost enough to make me think they are power windows, but I've never seen any button to open or close them.

Appreciate any help - want to get them closed before it rains!
I guess I reply here. I own a 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan and I couldn't close my rear windows either. The button is on the DRIVERS side door panel. Welllll... I forgot to PULL UP on the switch to reverse the "OPEN" which I accidently "pushed down" Didn't even think to pull up to close, since I pull UP to open my other windows.

Old 05-09-2019, 01:58 PM
StoveBolt
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Judi Mohler
I guess I reply here. I own a 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan and I couldn't close my rear windows either. The button is on the DRIVERS side door panel. Welllll... I forgot to PULL UP on the switch to reverse the "OPEN" which I accidently "pushed down" Didn't even think to pull up to close, since I pull UP to open my other windows.
Thank you, thank you Judi, I just bought an 18 GC and after a month noticed they were open, had the wife outside pushing on them and me trying to figure out how to lock them down with that plastic hinge thingy...Just too many power things on these contraptions..

Old 07-23-2019, 12:17 AM
Digger 89L
Amateur

The other frustrating 'feature' of these rear 'pop-out' windows (on my 2010 Grand Caravan) is that you have to remember that you opened them, in order to remember to close them. I've left mine open (accidentally) on several occasions and got rainwater in the the back area. There most certainly SHOULD be at the very least a light on the dash to indicate that the windows are open ...and ideally, a feature where the windows close automatically when the ignition switch is turned off. It would be REALLY great if someone developed a 'hack' for an auto-closing feature, or a warning light. I issue that challenge!!!

Old 07-24-2019, 10:39 AM
AtItAgin

In the old days all we had to do was look at the vehicle to know if doors/windows were left open or lights were left on. No indicator or warning lights necessary. In fact, that method should still work now.

Old 07-24-2019, 10:47 AM
IDon'tGiveARam
Professional
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Isn't it pathetic how some folks came here to call you an idiot rather than offer any advice? I bet it's because people that know them in person know just how completely useless they really are and they need to go to forums to bolster their meager self image.

Old 07-24-2019, 12:51 PM
AtItAgin

I offered an easy, no-cost solution to avoid unintentionally leaving the windows open. It doesn't hurt to take one final glance at your vehicle after locking it up and it is a good habit for piece of mind. No names were called of anyone. Not everything is obvious to everyone.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: How to Close 3rd Row Windows