2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Computer update???

Old 08-30-2016, 03:30 PM
Danielle0917
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Computer update???

Has anybody heard of taking your car to the dealership to have the computers updated on the car?

Old 12-13-2016, 12:25 PM
avenjeeperger
Amateur

Yep. I had my 105,000 mile transmission replaced for $4k! and they updated my car. I WAS NOT AT ALL HAPPY. It went from zippy and fun to drive, getting 30+mpg to a grandma car that gets 27-28. I went all the way up to the zone rep and got a "Too bad, there's nothing we can do". Short answer, don't do it unless you have to.

Old 04-27-2017, 02:27 PM
GerryCDJR
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

That's the issue with receiving a factory update on any of the electric components. You have to keep in mind that the car is going to run differently once an update is performed, it can be better or just like stated it can be worse depending on what the driver feels and sees, but factory updates are definitely available.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:10 AM
avenjeeperger
Amateur

Originally Posted by GerryCDJR
That's the issue with receiving a factory update on any of the electric components. You have to keep in mind that the car is going to run differently once an update is performed, it can be better or just like stated it can be worse depending on what the driver feels and sees, but factory updates are definitely available.
Yes it did run worse. Gas mileage is lower from 32-28, and performance is terrible. The tech told me he has Diesels leaving getting 12 with the latest update when they came in getting 20. He tells people to get a tuner to get their performance and mileage back on the diesel. He says the update goal is to reduce emissions. performance and mileage don't matter, just less emissions.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Computer update???