1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Caliper pin bushings

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 10:55 PM
luke escobedo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caliper pin bushings

Ok guys there was a pulling when I hit the brakes. Took the wheel off and the caliper pins are there but no bushings. I checked my repair Manuel and it says there's caliper pins, rubber bushings and Teflon sleeves. But when I went to autozone or O'Reilly they don't know ****, they have the pins and bushings but noone seems to know about the Teflon sleeves, are they not needed? If someone could please help

Old 04-24-2017, 10:35 AM
RalphP
Champion
Received 368 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by luke escobedo
Ok guys there was a pulling when I hit the brakes. Took the wheel off and the caliper pins are there but no bushings. I checked my repair Manuel and it says there's caliper pins, rubber bushings and Teflon sleeves. But when I went to autozone or O'Reilly they don't know ****, they have the pins and bushings but noone seems to know about the Teflon sleeves, are they not needed? If someone could please help
The Teflon SUPPOSEDLY avoided needing a lubricant; I've not seen the Teflon anywhere, so I've been using ceramic disc brake lubricant.

OTOH, they bushing and sleeve pack is listed as a current Mopar part; see for instance http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/.../04205982.html

RwP

Old 04-24-2017, 01:10 PM
robertmee
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a blown bushing...by the time I looked at tracking down all the repair parts it was just easier to order a new caliper from rock auto. I ordered new ones for both sides. $20 a piece.

Last edited by robertmee; 04-24-2017 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:26 PM
ragged89
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robertmee
I had a blown bushing...by the time I looked at tracking down all the repair parts it was just easier to order a new caliper from rock auto. I ordered new ones for both sides. $20 a piece.

Old 04-25-2017, 03:21 PM
luke escobedo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. I found some bushing I had to order them. They will be here tomorrow. If that doesn't work I'll have to just buy new calipers. This truck is almost as hard to find parts for, as my 93 mitsu 3000gt I used to have.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:26 PM
RalphP
Champion
Received 368 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by luke escobedo
Thanks guys. I found some bushing I had to order them. They will be here tomorrow. If that doesn't work I'll have to just buy new calipers. This truck is almost as hard to find parts for, as my 93 mitsu 3000gt I used to have.
*scratches beard*

I dunno, I've got no problem finding calipers, rotors, brakes, springs, bearings, bushings, et al.

Also for the interior parts I need.

Plus for the exterior parts I need.

Dunno what you mean by that.

RwP