1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Help!!! What's wrong with my durango again?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 09:09 PM
mzrobinson05
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help!!! What's wrong with my durango again?

I have a 2000 Durango SLT 2wd 5.9L. It has been having a lot of issues lately. It would just die going down the road it would start back but I wouldn't make it a hundred feet before it would die again. It has been towed home on three different occasions. The engine light did come one and revealed a "no bus" code. So I replaced the computer and cleared the codes. It did great for about a week and then the same problems again except no codes this time. It seemed to start back and run for a bit after letting the computer cool off and disconnecting it. It seems like as soon as the computer gets hot it dies. The engine isn't over heating. I know I have to replace the O2 sensors but I don't know what else to do. Can someone please help me?

Also my Durango only has air in the winter and heat in the summer. What could cause this?

Old 04-25-2017, 09:45 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by mzrobinson05
I have a 2000 Durango SLT 2wd 5.9L. It has been having a lot of issues lately. It would just die going down the road it would start back but I wouldn't make it a hundred feet before it would die again. It has been towed home on three different occasions. The engine light did come one and revealed a "no bus" code. So I replaced the computer and cleared the codes. It did great for about a week and then the same problems again except no codes this time. It seemed to start back and run for a bit after letting the computer cool off and disconnecting it. It seems like as soon as the computer gets hot it dies. The engine isn't over heating. I know I have to replace the O2 sensors but I don't know what else to do. Can someone please help me?

Also my Durango only has air in the winter and heat in the summer. What could cause this?
So are you still getting the no bus message?