1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

92 dakota 3.9l 5spd (help)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 08:46 PM
Mike McConnell
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 dakota 3.9l 5spd (help)

Took my transmission out to fix my pivoting bolt. Put it all back together and put a new slave and master cylinder (pre bleed)in it. Now my clutch won't engage to put in gear when started. I put everything the way it should.

Old 04-28-2017, 12:27 AM
ragged89
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike McConnell
Took my transmission out to fix my pivoting bolt. Put it all back together and put a new slave and master cylinder (pre bleed)in it. Now my clutch won't engage to put in gear when started. I put everything the way it should.
I think maybe you meant "won't disengage" ...or did you?

Can you tell if the rod between the slave and the pivot arm is moving when the clutch is depressed? If not, there may be an issue with your master/slave setup, air in the line, or a leak. If it is moving, but not disengaging the clutch, it could be that the pivot arm moved out of place (came off the button).

By chance did you remove the clutch and re-install it when you fixed the pivot bolt? If so, are you sure the clutch went back with the springs toward the trans? Also, and I don't mean to sound like a smart-a**, but you did remember to put the throw-out bearing in?

Last edited by ragged89; 04-28-2017 at 12:36 AM.