Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

2001 Dodge Ram Van 1500 shutting down while driving

Old 04-30-2017, 02:44 PM
mpmikael
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Dodge Ram Van 1500 shutting down while driving

I recently bought this vehicle, converted it to a mobile home, took it on a 3500 mile trip with no mechanical problems, and am now home with it.

The other day I was driving home and she shut down on me on the freeway. Fuel gauge dropped to none same with oil and the van just shut down and rolled to a stop. On the odometer instead of reading the mileage it reads "no bus". Power steering also went out. I got it to the shop, the owner ran a diagnostic and said it was my fuel pump. I purchased a new fuel pump and installed the it and the van still wouldn't start up. We tampered with some wiring and I think it was the pressure gauge that we found was a little loose. Slightly pushed the relay back in and she started up again. Was driving home after the "fix" and she shut down again same thing as last time.

Anyone experience anything like this? Ideas or suggestions on what to check out and/or replace are much appreciated thanks in advance.

Last edited by mpmikael; 05-03-2017 at 01:47 AM. Reason: More information
Old 05-01-2017, 10:19 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

First off, a bad fuel pump will not crash your dash gauges so that was never your problem. You problem sound like the ASD relay is bad or just not making good contact. You power steering went out only because the engine died, there's nothing wrong with it.

Search this Thread