2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Guages not working

Old 05-18-2017, 06:37 PM
bradz
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guages not working

So i finally got to the point of being able to start my 99 dakota with all the 97 wiring and interior. I turned the key and the nothing on the cluster works. While i had both dashes out i did notice some kind of computer box bolted to the steering column on the 97 but just thought it might have been some kind of security thing from a buy here pay here lot. But now im thinking it actually controls the gauges and thats why i could do the key dance to get the codes. Is that box why my instrument cluster doesn't work? If so, how can i get it out without taking the whole dash back out?

Old 05-22-2017, 04:46 PM
bradz
Rookie

So apparently the box i mentioned is tha abs module. Now i need to figuer out the cluster guages. When i turn the key on the brake and the abs light comes on but nothing else. Could it possibly be the ignition switch? Any help is appreciated.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:22 PM
bradz
Rookie

Figured it out!!! I was missing a "spare" fuse. Thanks to google and someone else who had the same problem.

Search this Thread