2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Popping the clutch

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 07:45 PM
David Clauder
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Popping the clutch

How do u do it? Need to get my truck home so i can fix master/slave cylinder and i dont want to have it towed....

Old 05-20-2017, 07:46 PM
David Clauder
Professional

Mind u i cant use the clutch cause i have no pressure on the line.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:47 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

You don't really wanna drive it without a clutch. That is really hard on the trans, and various other parts. You might save yourself a tow bill, but, end up having to buy a transmission.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:36 AM
CJSuhr
Veteran

If you can have it towed, but I have friends that have had to drive without any pressure though either. Though it was in a Honda Civic or something and they aren't very heavy, unlike our big trucks.

If you really really have to, take the rout hike with the fewest stops signs and stop lights. If you have no pressure, put the truck in first and and push down the pedal so you can start the truck, allow the starter to both start the truck and begin moving. Once the truck starts then shift through your gears without the clutch. And once you come to a stop, turn off the truck or let it stall, and then repeat.

Again this is a very stupid idea and might not even work on the heavy trucks, probably will burn up or damage your starter, and will hurt the tranny too. Get it towed, just shared it if you are seriously in a huge massive bind.