Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

2001 3500 ac

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 12:06 PM
arty4444
Professional
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2001 3500 ac

I recently bought a 2001 3500 maxi without an owners manual. While the ac (front and rear) works fine 95% of the time sometimes the air is not cooled and a breaker behind the glovebox continually resets. But then a day or so later everything works. There appear to be 6 breakers behind the glovebox and the farthest to the right (70 amp) seems to be the one resetting- it gets hot to touch. Before messing with things I wanted to know what those breakers did but without an owners manual am not able to. I can't find an owners manual online and wonder if anybody knows what those breakers are behind the glove box any information would be appreciated. Thank you in advance. I did find a service manual for sale on eBay does anybody know if the service manuals show the various breaker, relay and fuse layouts?

Old 05-21-2017, 12:38 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

70A? was an electric fan installed behind the radiator for the A/C condenser? If so that's likely the source of the overload.

Old 05-21-2017, 01:41 PM
arty4444
Professional
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The van is a (very) high top "minibus" with many seats and wheel chair lift and was used for rehab transport. There is a double ac fan ("Trans Air") that appears to be part of the minibus conversion ("for FVPP by R D Ward, inc.") added to the bottom outer edge of the van frame behind the driver's door.
Your suggestion does make me realize I may not be dealing with stock breakers but addons I'm not going to find in any manuals.
​​​​​​​Thanks