Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2001 Dodge Stratus Rt Starts Rough and Dies

Old 05-22-2017, 03:03 PM
Aeron Christian Montoya
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stratus runs rough

Hello I have a 2001 dodge stratus rt that suddenly starting misfiring so autozone ran test code was for the 2nd cylinder misfiring.I got and installed new spark plugs,wires,and distributer cap.Now it starts but very roughly and I can't keep it running.I don't know what else to do I'm wondering if it's my plug wires?Maybe I didn't put them in the right firing order?Plz help.My husband is very ill and has been working on the car to no avail.Thanks

I apologize it's a 3.0 v6 with a mitsubishi motor.I tried googling it and it seems like I'm getting a few different ones.Firing order 123456? I'm lost and just trying to help my husband that can't do much due to sickness.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks
When I start the car I have to keep giving it gas or it dies instantly.While I'm trying to keep it running it's making a "hissing" kind of sound.

First let me start by apologizing in advance for my bit lengthy post. My husband usually does all the work on the car but has falling very ill so he cant. Before doing so he installed a starter, which I'm thinking maybe has something to do with all this. He installed it and it wouldn't start at times, you would have to turn key, put it in neutral, back in park , turn off an back on, then it would. I'd joke and say it's a security feature. Recently it started to backfire some, so we bought and installed sparkplugs, wires and distributor cap. Now it cranks but wont start. I had someone look at it and they narrowed it down to a fuel problem, but not fuel pump, it works. They unplugged a fuel line hose an something else and the car started and ran, then put it back and now it wont start up all the way. They mentioned they think it's fuel injectors which I can't afford to replace or outgoing fuel line hose has a blockage in? Anyway anyone please help, I'm at my wits end.

Last edited by jkeaton; 05-28-2017 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Same problems
Old 05-22-2017, 03:45 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Yeah, if you didn't pay attention to the locations when removing, that's where I'd start. Without knowing what engine you have, I can't answer the firing order question, but you can google it to find diagrams online.

Search this Thread