Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: GPS head unit

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 07:28 PM
ekring67
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GPS head unit

Hi everyone. I was just at the salvage yard picking up some parts for my 2005 GC 3.8L looking specifically for a new DVD player and was successful......even got a new movie that was left in the unit. I also saw an upgraded radio head unit than what was in mine. I tested it and it works. The one I picked has a NAV feature but unfortunately I didn't grab the GPS antenna. When I hit the NAV button, it just says missing GPS antenna.

I am just curious if I pickup an antenna, will the GPS system work as it should? What about updating the map? Also, does anyone have an antenna I can buy or know of where to get one?

Thanks.

Old 05-30-2017, 12:32 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

wrecker or dealer for the antenna.

not sure if it will work. Its worth a shot. New models would need reconfiguration but the older stuff may be plug and play.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:06 PM
ekring67
Default Nav unit

Originally Posted by primem

not sure if it will work. Its worth a shot. New models would need reconfiguration but the older stuff may be plug and play.
Everything worked just fine with the rest of the unit when I turned it on....fm/cd/dvd. It appears that the Nav would work IF there was a GPS antenna. I will buy one online and keep my fingers crossed.

If it does work, what is the best source for an updated map?

Old 06-01-2017, 07:10 PM
ekring67

Originally Posted by primem

The unit is an RB1. I installed the antenna today and now it is asking for a disc. Can anyone provide some insight on how to obtain a disk that is needed?

What is the latest map version?

Is there a "hobby" site that it can downloaded from?

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 06-04-2017, 07:44 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts