Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

2000 B2500 Front suspension and axle

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 01:45 PM
Douger Rohmer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2000 B2500 Front suspension and axle

Hi guys, great forum and a LOT of info! Thanks to all.

I wonder if anybody can clear up my confusion. I have 2000 B2500 Dodge Ram Van Maxi Extended with 8 wheel lugs. I am in the process of buying new balljoints and such, but I am not sure what load rating the front suspension has. Elsewhere on this forum I found an old thread that said this:

The B1500 SWB has the 5-lugs
The B2500 standard frame has the 5-lugs
The B2500 HD frame has the 8-lugs (built on the B3500 chassis)
The B3500 has the 8-lugs

The sticker inside my drivers door says the the GAVW Front is 3880 with LT225/75R16-D tyres.

On 1AAuto site, and others the suspension and steering kit is described as 2000 Dodge Van 10 Piece Set Steering & Suspension Kit With (2) Front Upper Ball Joints (2) Front Lower Ball Joints (2) Idler Arms (2) Front Inner Tie Rods & (2) Front Outer Tie Rods Excluding 4000lb Axle.

So my question is - do I have a 4000lb Axle or what?

And while we are at it - are there any suggestions for front suspension parts that do the job and don't cost the earth?

Thanks!

Old 06-25-2017, 08:57 PM
JFloors
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Douger Rohmer
So my question is - do I have a 4000lb Axle or what?
And while we are at it - are there any suggestions for front suspension parts that do the job and don't cost the earth?
Thanks!
There is another sticker with some more of your van's specs, look on the under side of the hood over the battery area.

you may want to try pricing parts on rockauto.com I'd only suggest going with the better quality parts rather than cheap to save money, you'll save money in the long run not having to replace again in the near future.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:31 PM
Douger Rohmer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Awesome! 4000 lbs it is! Thanks you very much, and I do confess I had the hood up about 4 times in the past 2 days and never saw the sticker :-)

Old 06-26-2017, 07:51 PM
JFloors
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Douger Rohmer
Awesome! 4000 lbs it is! Thanks you very much, and I do confess I had the hood up about 4 times in the past 2 days and never saw the sticker :-)

I bought my 99 new and have open the hood many many times and seen that sticker but didn't realize how helpful it is until I needed that information when I decided to learn on doing some of my own mechanic work on it, I also had found out here on the forum not too long ago.
Glad it was of help