Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

looking for factory instruction for rwd conversion kit

Old 06-26-2017, 03:00 AM
luckyrat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for factory instruction for rwd conversion kit

Hello im looking for a set of factory assemble instruction for the mopar rwd conversion for the Daytona. I just bought a new rwd conversion kit complete with every thing its just missing the instructions. I would luv to find if anyone has a set that they would like to copy for me please let me know thanks Gary

Old 06-26-2017, 06:27 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

I have the same kit and don't think it came with instructions. As you know you will have to fab up something for the rear axle so the kit was intended for people who do that sort of thing. It's only a k frame with a manual steering rack. Just remove the original and put it in. Not sure if you need to open up the tunnel for the trans but by the looks of it you do. Where did you get this from and was it the mopar performance kit or did somebody else make it? The mopar performance one is long been discontinued.

Old 06-27-2017, 01:16 AM
luckyrat

This is the mopar performance kit number on frame is A1019. The guy I got it from got it back in the 90s new its the complete front end kit with calipers,spindles,hubs,rack,transmission cross member,engine mount,axle stubs with ends cut down.i do know that I will have to build the rear mounting going with a 4 link set up.Building a 8.25 rear end for now using a diff out of a 70s dodge its 54in between backing plates,using a 92 jeep gc brake set up as they have discs and it will bolt on to the 8.25 diff.I'm building frame connectors that slide into factory unibody that will connect to the 2x4 box tubing that the lower arms of the 4 links will mount to. my son builds frames he is a fabacator and a certified welder.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:33 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

I think you have more than one kit but i would have to dig out my old mp catalog to see what was available back then. What are going to use for a motor?

Old 06-30-2017, 01:01 AM
luckyrat

not sure yet maybe a 440 or a 360 I have both. The 440 is stock the 360 is built . The 440 is a better fit in both LxW,the 360 is about 2" longer then 440

Search this Thread