2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Monster Transmission 46RE?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 01:42 AM
MasonArmstrong
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster Transmission 46RE?

In an effort to be prepared for once, I've decided to buy a spare transmission in advance for when my current 46re goes out (because it's unavoidable). Im slowly building the engine a little at a time and my goal is to have it at about 350hp for a nice daily driver that i can still have fun with. In my search for a transmission, i found monster transmission's "heavy duty" rebuilt 46re. It claims to be rated for 450hp (who knows how accurate that is) and the price really isnt that bad. But, has anyone ever tryed one of these trannys before? I want to here some feedback from people who have actually used it before i spend $2500 on it. If anyone has had any issues or has really liked these transmissions, any input will be appreciated.

Old 07-23-2017, 06:46 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

Don't know about monster but the link below is where a lot of people get there transmissions/rebuild kits. They have different stages to handle the power. Mega viper being the top of the line.

https://transmissioncenter.net/shop/

Old 07-23-2017, 09:34 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

I have seen quite a few horror stories about folks experiences with Monster Transmissions..... Poor quality, stock rebuilds sold as 'performance' transmissions, terrible customer service, etc...... No personal experience myself though.

Old 07-23-2017, 04:24 PM
97ramrod1500
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

As stated try to avoid monster transmission. I have ordered rebuild kits through both PATC and Monster and I will not order through monster again. Their customer service was terrible, they sent me the wrong parts, and when I did finally receive the right kit it was missing basic parts necessary for a rebuild. On top of that I have heard on multiple occasions of their transmissions failing under normal use and them not standing behind them.

This past January I built a stage 2 trans for a customer with the kit from PATC. He is pushing about 450hp at the rear wheels in his ram. He daily drives it and regularly runs it down the dragstrip. He occasionally calls to catch up and tells me every time how much he loves the transmission.

I vote PATC.

Last edited by 97ramrod1500; 07-23-2017 at 04:27 PM.