3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Full LED Bulk Kit / Information

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 04:26 PM
Daniel Jones
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full LED Bulk Kit / Information

I just picked up a 2013 Durango SXT and I'm wanting to change all the interior and exterior bulbs out to LED. I'm sure many people are the same, but I cant' stand the dull yellowish light from incandescent bulbs.

Does anyone know of a site that sells an entire package for all the bulbs? I know this is unlikely but would be easier.

I'm having problems finding the bulb numbers for the interior lights:
Over head reading/map lights (4 bulbs total)
Over head bulbs in back seat
Switch back White / Yellow LED front turn signal bulbs (I'm not certain of the max length that can fit)
Suggestions for the best LED tail lights from your experience.

Lastly, I will be replacing out the headlights to HID kits and I'm debating on going to LED for the fog lights instead of HID, has anyone done this or have suggestions?

Thanks for your time and suggestions.

Last edited by Daniel Jones; 07-23-2017 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-23-2017, 04:31 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Check superbrightleds.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:11 AM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I no longer have my 2011 Durango so I don't recall all the bulb numbers I used, but I do recall some lessons learned.

In the rear, you will want red LEDs. I tried white LEDs but they were too bright and nearly looked orange through the lenses. Red looked good.

In the interior, several of the overhead LEDs are not replaceable bulbs, but rather discrete LEDs soldered to circuit boards. I found parts of the correct pinout but with a higher color temperature and soldered them in after searching Digi-Key for quite a while. While it did make the interior colors a lot better in my opinion, it was a bit of work.

For headlights, I went with LEDs bulbs for the driving lights and also replaced the standard halogen bulbs with LEDs. Using LED headlight bulbs was the best decision I think I made. The LED bulbs (both high and low beams) appeared to illuminate the road MUCH better than stock and now I'm trying to do the same with the Ram 1500 that replaced my Durango. Also, for as much better as the LEDs seemed to light up the road, I did not have any issues with on-coming traffic flashing their high beams at me, so the focus was apparently pretty good.

-Rod