1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

94 dodge Dakota 3.9 2x2 standard ext.

Old 07-24-2017, 11:13 AM
Vincent Riner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 dodge Dakota 3.9 2x2 standard ext.

I have a few issues I need help with, 1st is my a/c it only blows out the defrost and floor vents only, next it only blows on fan and high, low and mid setting has no power. 2nd the truck shifts like crap when the engines cold, when its warm it shifts great. Its really sluggish when its cold. Any help would be great guys I have a few more issues but I'd like to work on these first. Thanks in advance

Old 07-24-2017, 11:50 AM
robertmee
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vincent Riner
I have a few issues I need help with, 1st is my a/c it only blows out the defrost and floor vents only, next it only blows on fan and high, low and mid setting has no power. 2nd the truck shifts like crap when the engines cold, when its warm it shifts great. Its really sluggish when its cold. Any help would be great guys I have a few more issues but I'd like to work on these first. Thanks in advance
Does the heat exhibit the same behavior? If so I'd be looking for cracked vacuum lines at the heater control and damper...remove the lower dash for easier troubleshooting.

For fan speed check the resistor on the firewall...that controls different speeds.

For shifts sounds like once the fluid is warm it shifts better? Could be your trans pump is worn out and only pumps good pressure when the viscosity of the oil changes due to heat.

Those are off the top of my head...hopefully others will chime in.

Old 07-24-2017, 12:03 PM
Vincent Riner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

​​​​​​​ill go check my vacuum lines, and ya idk if its the motor that's sluggish when cold or what, but when its hot the motor responds quicker to shifts, when its cold I shift and its like my rpms rise a lot slower its weird to explain, but I can feel a difference.

Search this Thread