Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Adding windows to '94 B250 Ram Van

Old 07-25-2017, 01:45 PM
tjkoko
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding windows to '94 B250 Ram Van

My '94 B250 Ram van has no windows on either side and I'm thinking of cannibalizing a similar van (a conversion unlike mine) for its side windows.
  1. Can I do the procedure without serious modification(s)???
  2. Are the side panels of my van either not reinforced or reinforced differently from the source van where I'll get the windows from????
  3. Do I simply cut holes in my van the same dimensions as the source van???
Please let me know.

Old 07-25-2017, 08:13 PM
SteveR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The tinted conversion van windows come with an inner trim piece to hide the cuts on the inside of the van. This will work on bar cargo vans or vans with some sort of interior.

I had one of these windows installed in an Econoline back in 2001 and I think you use the inner trim as the template?
Use a body line to follow rather than trying to figure out "level". You just cut the hole, paint the bare metal, and caulk it in. You can see in the attached photo of the van I just bought that it will rust around the window if you don't paint the cut. I bought the van for the driveline for a car I'm restoring so the rust doesn't matter...

You can either try to miss any ribs in the wall or cut through them.
Be sure to protect the painted surface so that you do not scratch it. Put tape on the panel...once I put tape on the jig saw foot while installing a sun roof and it made a mess because the metal chips got caught in the tape and got dragged across the roof.

Attached Thumbnails Adding windows to '94 B250 Ram Van-p1010805.jpg  
Old 07-26-2017, 10:20 AM
rsdata
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I installed windows on a couple of my vans. Install is not difficult, just measure three times and cut once. My windows always fit between the vertical uprights supporting the roof. As was mentioned, paint the edges and use plenty of clear silicon to seal.

Search this Thread