1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

1992 Dakota club cab seat swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 01:05 PM
jmp227
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1992 Dakota club cab seat swap

Recently bought a ‘92 Dakota club cab with the drivers seat and middle seat connected and the passenger seat separate. From what I’ve read, this is considered to be bucket seats. The problem I’m having is the driver seat does not slide back far enough to clear me from under the steering wheel. Has anyone ever swapped out front seats from another vehicle? Or is there a way to modify the seat rails to allow the stock seats to slide back about 2 - 3 inches?

Old 10-20-2017, 07:16 AM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

look underneath to make sure something isn't stuck under the seat or in the rail... the driver seats on both of mine go back farther than the passenger seat. yeah you can take them apart and drill a couple of different holes in the tracks to have the seat farther back but not much.... might have to weld some tabs on the back edge of the tracks to have something to hold the back of the seat down to the tracks.

Old 06-22-2023, 08:12 PM
Timothy Ridgeway
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a 95 dodge dakota sport 3.9l v6 regular cab

I have a 95 dodge dakota sport regular cab and it has a bench seat will any 1st generation dodge dakota seats like this will be a direct bolt in seat for my 95 dakota sport ?

Quick Reply: 1992 Dakota club cab seat swap