1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Transmission acting up

Old 10-17-2017, 07:19 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Transmission acting up

Here we go again. After replacing the actuators, and 6 months later, my tranny is acting funny. Not shift normally. Checked and saw TV cable broke loose on the bracket so getting that replaced. Now the tranny is getting sticky chanting gears. Rev too high before shifting gears. Now trans temp light is on and OD is disabled. Problems just piling up. These 46res are something else. This tranny has been rebuilt and not the original as I lost the original back 10 years ago.

Hoping this truck will last me 20 yrs. 3 more to go. Will check fluids and replace TV cable and might as well replace both tranny and speed sensors as they are known to go out and cause these symptoms

Will update everyone when I drop it off to my buddy's shop to inspect. Still holding out on the Durango SRT for a bit as I am wanting to get the hellcat Challenger widebody

Old 10-17-2017, 10:01 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Confirm, lost tranny fluids. Had to add a full quart to get it somewhat stabilized. Taking it to shop for full inspection.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:06 AM
Pspklutch
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check wires at the plugs of the sensors. The wire casings on my tailshaft speed sensor (fairly certain) plug were nonexistent and shorting against each other. Caused a slew of problems for my 46re.

Search this Thread