Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

2007 Caliber won’t start.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 05:27 PM
Sonarphonic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Caliber won’t start.

Hello!!

I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber. Earlier today I was driving and suddenly without warning, the car shut off.

i thought it was low on fuel so I had a friend get fuel. But it didn’t start. Just make the starting sound... I later realized that the car did not stutter but just shut off.

the battery is not dead either. Spark plugs were checked and they were fine, but dry. Fuel wasn’t getting to the engine I don’t think.

I have tried my spare key Incase it is the immobilizer checked all the fuses and nothing. I have yet to have a look at the relays which I would have to take the bumper off...

if anyone could help that that would be great. Pictures would help also. In return, here are some pictures of my car... :/

Old 12-26-2017, 03:34 PM
cdnmopar88@yahoo.ca

to check and see that you are getting fuel pressure turn on the key and listen for the fuel pump an obvious buzzing sound from the back of the car. it should pressure up in about 2-3 seconds. if you are not hearing it most likely the fuel pump in the tank is gone. i have had both situations where it went intermittently then shut down and i have had it simply quit. if you do get the noise you can then check for fuel pressure at the fuel rail that attaches to the fuel injectors. CAUTION DO NOT PUSH ON THE SCHRADER VALVE(it looks like the valve on your tires) the fuel rail is at between 60 and 70 psi this test is best performed by someone with knowledge and proper tools to check to see if the pressure output is correct. this should allow you to determine a fuel pressure issue.hope this helps

Old 01-23-2018, 06:24 AM
Sonarphonic

Hello! I fixed this a few months ago. Turns out a fuse blew.
Thanks for your comment.