Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

no voltage to fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 08:46 AM
Tommy714
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no voltage to fuel pump

2004 dodge stratus r/t.got such great help with this car last time here,i am hoping for a REPEAT! customer started car it died ,and then wont restart.no fuel,pulled pump had it tested(had been loud for a while).pressure fluctuated.replaced pump,now no voltage at pump,relay has voltage and clicks.pump runs when tested with leads.about to try to trace wire,any help on where or what to look for please.(electrical not my best subject)thanks.Retired tech ,left over customer wont let anyone else touch his ride.HELP!

Old 01-17-2018, 06:38 AM
jfprida
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy714
2004 dodge stratus r/t.got such great help with this car last time here,i am hoping for a REPEAT! customer started car it died ,and then wont restart.no fuel,pulled pump had it tested(had been loud for a while).pressure fluctuated.replaced pump,now no voltage at pump,relay has voltage and clicks.pump runs when tested with leads.about to try to trace wire,any help on where or what to look for please.(electrical not my best subject)thanks.Retired tech ,left over customer wont let anyone else touch his ride.HELP!
The same happened to my 1999 Stratus, apparently if used in extreme conditions the pump overheats, and the physical tin solder electrical connection to the pump melts and makes a bad contact, check the pump and it´s connections, doubt is a wire issue, check the tin solder to the connector in the pump