1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Lift kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 09:29 PM
Chevierd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift kit

Does any one know if the suspension lift kits for the 99 down will fit a 2000 Durango or know what kind of modification I would have to make to make it work.

Old 01-14-2018, 09:40 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

I am going to say probably not. You don't want to modify a kit to fit for a couple reasons..... First being, the kit is engineered for the year range specified. I don't know what changes they made from 99-00.... but, apparently they are significant enough that the kit won't be a direct bolt on......

Also, modifying the kit, and installing it on a vehicle it wasn't intended for will void any warranty that comes with it.....

It is really strange that I simply cannot find a lift kit for the 00 to 04 durango....... I wonder why that is.

Old 01-14-2018, 09:57 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Is it torsion bars?

I see some torsion key kits on eBay. Or just crank your existing bars and add rear blocks or helper springs.

Old 01-16-2018, 03:54 PM
Pspklutch
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I am going to say probably not. You don't want to modify a kit to fit for a couple reasons..... First being, the kit is engineered for the year range specified. I don't know what changes they made from 99-00.... but, apparently they are significant enough that the kit won't be a direct bolt on......

Also, modifying the kit, and installing it on a vehicle it wasn't intended for will void any warranty that comes with it.....

It is really strange that I simply cannot find a lift kit for the 00 to 04 durango....... I wonder why that is.
It may be the swap to rack & pinion? I don't know why that would matter though. I didn't think they changed that much.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:24 AM
NCDurango
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It won't work due to the rack and pinion steering

Quick Reply: Lift kit