4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 04:44 PM
Kevin Dozier
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical problems

i have a 2013 Ram 1500 with the Hemi. I recently had a dead battery and was able to jump the truck to get it started but as soon as I turned it off it needed to be jumped again to get it running. Alternator was charging and did not have any electrical issues. I did not need the truck right away so I drove my company car. Well I replaced the battery today, it started right away but I do have a weird issue. I have fog light and headlight on passenger side but no taillight and the opposite occurs on the other side. When I turn on the hi beams, the drivers side comes on and passengers side doesn’t work. When I tried turning on the windshield wipers they didn’t work. I found that when I turn on the bed light it comes on for a second and turns off but the warning light on the dash still shows that the light is on. All fuses are good. Any ideas?

Old 04-22-2022, 06:08 AM
sinsofyourpast
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever find out the issue? I'm guessing a shorted wire which likely caused your previous battery to die.

Quick Reply: Electrical problems