2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2005 Neon Died. Help?

Old 01-20-2018, 04:14 PM
PosterChild
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Neon Died. Help?

Hello All, Help please. I have a 2005 Dodge Neon that has been very reliable. However while backing out of the driveway the other day it just died. Cranks over fine, but wont fire. Was running great prion to that other than it did have the check engine light randomly come on and off several times. It was not on when this accorded though. Things I have done so far are the 3 turn key trick, and got code P0138 on the odometer. I have checked the fuses under dash and hood. All good. Swapped a few relays just for the heck of it as well. Also, I just had emissions done on it and passed, but I noticed in the recent diagnostics box in the paperwork it did say something about the O2 sensor. Thank you in advance for any advice. It is cold here and I just want to get this resolved.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:23 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The O2 sensor voltage code won't prevent the car from running. I think you should start checking for air, fuel and spark to narrow it down a bit.

How many miles? If over 100,000mi, has the timing belt and related parts ever been changed?

Old 01-28-2018, 03:21 PM
PosterChild
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Dart, Thank you for the reply. Sorry for the delay in posting back. The car has 120K on it, and to the best of my knowledge there has been no timing belt service done to it. I checked for spark, and that is strong. I also shot some starting fluid in the intake and it didn't seem to make a difference. Also When I turn the key on, I can hear the fuel pump run. What would you recommend I check next. I appreciate you help here.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 Neon Died. Help?