Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[3rd Gen : 96-00]: Electrical Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 10:38 PM
Arsenul
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Issues

So this has happened recently when my mother was driving it. She would turn the left blinker on but it would turn off on it's own. Often the blinkers wouldn't work at all. I already plan on replacing the fuses for both inside and outside of the vehicle, but will that be enough to correct the problem? Other electrical issues would include the doors not locking with the electric switch. Often when you unlock it, that signal would go through, but when locking it, nothing happens. The windows have recently been having problems going up, but I think that's a problem with the motor. Also a quick call to my mother who's been driving it for quite some time, say's the only other problem is a recent one where the dash flickers on and off. Any ideas for fixes? As mentioned, I plan on replacing all the fuses.

Old 01-22-2018, 07:52 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Sounds like an intermittent electrical issue or a module somewhere going bad. Bad connections, etc. You buy it used? Hope it was not a flood vehicle....

Old 01-22-2018, 08:08 AM
Arsenul

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Sounds like an intermittent electrical issue or a module somewhere going bad. Bad connections, etc. You buy it used? Hope it was not a flood vehicle....
Don't know what any of that means. My mother bought it used years ago and I just got it from her.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:41 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Don't know what part you don't understand....pretty straight forward....

Old 01-22-2018, 06:02 PM
Arsenul

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Don't know what part you don't understand....pretty straight forward....
I'm no electrician or mechanic. Just a civilian wanting to take care of his vehicle without having to spend money at said mechanic if he does not have to.

Quick Reply: [3rd Gen : 96-00]: Electrical Issues