2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How To: Wire up After market 3rd Brake Light and Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 03:16 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts
Default How To: Wire up After market 3rd Brake Light and Headlights

Here is my write up on how to install a eBay LED 3rd Brake Light and Aftermarket Halo/Angel Eye headlights. I will add to this thread as I work in the truck later today.
List of things needed:
Phillips Screwdriver
10mm Socket
Rachet
6in extension for the rachet
(Optional) 2 way waterproof plugs 4 sets [male and female) (will see where I use these later on)
Soldering Iron
3:1 Adhesive Heat Shrink (the factory uses this to 100% seal out moisture, you can also use lithium grease and regular heat shrink if needed)
Factory colored wire (can use any color if not going for factory look)
Little electrical knowledge)
That's the list and if I think of anything else I will edit it. I am going to do this to look 100% factory. So it will be a long process. Some may say this is easy, and it truly is, but when I bought my eBay 3rd LED brake light I had a problem no one could answer. Plus this may help a new DIYer. Just for future reference here in Cali the cheapest price I found to install these:$650 back in my homestate of PA: $725.

Last edited by MoparFanatic21; 01-23-2018 at 03:19 AM.

Quick Reply: How To: Wire up After market 3rd Brake Light and Headlights