Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

HELP!! draining battery, changed alternator

Old 05-12-2018, 06:54 PM
jshafferj
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP!! draining battery, changed alternator

I have a 2004 Stratus SXT Coupe 2.4 auto, recently the motor with 220,000 miles went out. I purchased a used 2.4 eng, and trans w/ 100k. Installed had it runnin fine this week, until last night. voltage dropped lights dimmed, battery died so we jumped it and drained the battery again. swapped out the alternator, but still drains the battery. I check the battery alternator fuse which was good and my obd port is working and bringing up a O2 sensor code which was there prior. I don't know what else to try or do, this is the first problem like this ive ever encountered. I also checked grounds from when I pulled the engine, but everything is hooked up. Thank you in advance!!

Old 08-14-2018, 02:48 AM
The Mad Stratus

Check Your Battery fuse, The little box attached to the positive terminal. You can simply remove it and just connect everything straight to the battery and it will be fine. But i recommend getting a new one asap ($15) at O'reillys because that saves your computer from being fried.

Old 03-28-2023, 02:41 PM
fergamjr

We have a 2004 dodge stratus sxt , we have a battery drain , noticed that when running dash lights & radio lights , headlights flicker , we also replaced the alternator , we thought bad alternator , still have the flickering lights , disconnected the battery for 2 weeks , reconect battery starts fine but lights still flickering " dash & headlamps " , cant diagnost the problem myself , any info on other with this issues ? BATTERY IS 1 YEAR OLD AND FULLY RECHARGED

Last edited by fergamjr; 03-28-2023 at 02:44 PM. Reason: FORGOT INFO

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP!! draining battery, changed alternator