Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Where did that green light come from??

Old 05-21-2018, 03:51 AM
kurohyou71
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where did that green light come from??

I have a 2005 dodge grand caravan that has 170000 miles on it. Going to work this morning I noticed a green light that illuminates all of my center console area. I have droven this vehicle in the dark all the time and it has never been on before. I tried looking it up in the owners manual but found nothing. Does anyone know what it is and how to turn it off?

Old 05-21-2018, 07:14 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Picture?

Old 05-22-2018, 06:40 PM
georgef
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kurohyou71
I have a 2005 dodge grand caravan that has 170000 miles on it. Going to work this morning I noticed a green light that illuminates all of my center console area. I have droven this vehicle in the dark all the time and it has never been on before. I tried looking it up in the owners manual but found nothing. Does anyone know what it is and how to turn it off?
The light is located in the overhead console and comes on with the headlight switch. Here is what the owners manual has to say about it:
The area around the instrument panel cupholders is also illuminated from a light in the overhead console. This light is turned on when the headlight switch is on and will adjust in brightness when the dimmer control is rotated up or down.
Maybe you dimmer control got turned up so the light is now noticeable.

Old 05-23-2018, 07:26 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Probably. Owners manuals are awesome, huh?

Old 05-23-2018, 12:21 PM
georgef
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
...Owners manuals are awesome, huh?
They are, especially if you have the electronic version (.pdf), it makes it easier to find obscure stuff like this by allowing you to do a word search. It can be nearly impossible to find this stuff in the paper manual (which the OP attempted).

...I tried looking it up in the owners manual but found nothing...
For future reference, the electronic version can be downloaded from here: https://www.mopar.com/en-us.html or the direct link here: https://www.mopar.com/moparsvc/twedd...ations?id=1844

Old 02-28-2024, 05:52 PM
NateTheVanGuy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why is there a green light in the cabin of my 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan?

ANSWER:
Initially I thought my 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan had a “parasitic draw” so I replaced the alternator AND got a new battery. Then after a week of the new parts being on, I still had to jumpstart it. I then thought of getting it tested for Parasitic Draw but later that night I noticed a green light on where the electric button door openers are. The mileage screen was also on right below the door opener buttons so I hit the “C/T Step” button on the right side until eventually the screen turned off… but the green light was still on for some reason. I tried turning all the dials to make sure all the headlights and accessory lights were turned off and they were all off but the green light was still on above the console on the ceiling. I eventually saw the “US/M Reset” button and I held it for about 5 seconds and then the green light magically turned off. So if you have the same problem, hold that Reset button for 5 seconds and the emergency green light should turn off. I believe those lights were the reason for the battery draining but only time will tell but hopefully that helps you if you think your Dodge Grand Caravan has parasitic draw, it could just be some lights you can’t see that are on during the day that can only be seen at night. Good luck and I hope God will bless you : )

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Where did that green light come from??