1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

vacuum issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 03:52 PM
imradlol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vacuum issues

Bought an 86 dodge d150 not too long ago, bit of a fixer-upper but the price was right and i've been wanting a project to take my mind off some ****. Been going well, fixing and replacing parts as i find them and all that.

Though since i bought it i've been racking my brain over the vacuum hose routing, apparently the guy who had it before me said someone stole all of the vacuum hoses off and he put them back where he thinks they might have gone. And because of that it runs like **** while in drive and power brakes aren't working that well(i put a brand new power brake booster in and replace the calipers), also i've not had much luck finding nay diagrams. If someone has a mid 80's dodge truck with a 318 and a 2bbl holly carb could you please take some pictures of your engine and how the vacuum hoses are routed? It would be a huge help to visually see how things should be routed,

Old 05-26-2018, 05:36 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i think it really depends on what ignition system you have and where the truck was built for. i think there is generally only 2 or 3 vacuum lines that you actually need hooked up to run and the rest you could almost block off.

Old 05-26-2018, 06:58 PM
imradlol

ah ok gotcha. what would those be and where would they go?

Old 05-26-2018, 07:06 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

like i said depends on which ignition system you have. if you post some general pictures of under the hood we can try identifying which one you have and what needs to be hooked up.

Old 05-27-2018, 12:17 AM
imradlol

alright will do i'll take some pictures tomorrow!

Quick Reply: vacuum issues