1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

help blower not blowing 1992 D150

Old 06-19-2018, 05:19 PM
RM-D150
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help blower not blowing 1992 D150

Very hot here air conditioner was working until today. Compressor comes on so I am pretty sure it is the blower. I have read maybe the resistor I am not good with the multimeter electrical testers. What would anybody recommend please send advice thanks I have done lots of do it yourself projects just not good with the multimeter

Old 06-19-2018, 05:40 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,164 Likes on 2,918 Posts

Does the blower work on any speed? Use your meter, and see if you are getting power TO the blower motor.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:50 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i would start by testing to make sure power is getting to the heater fuse with the ignition on. does the fan work on the vent or defrost option? there is 2 separate blower motor speed circuits through the blower motor resisters. also have you tried running power straight to the fan to make sure the fan itself hasn't died?

Old 06-20-2018, 12:20 PM
RM-D150
Amateur

Thanks for all of the advice I tried to check to see if I could find fuse NO tried to unplug the fan where there was a wire connection close to the fan I unplugged the connector and stuck two hard copper wires in and then tried to get a light to come on connected to the two wires this did not work at all Under the dash I found a black thing with two rows of male connectors maybe relay or something anyway I disconnected that by using a screw driver between the two sides and then plugged back in and fan blower started to work HOORAY thanks for all of your advice

Old 06-20-2018, 05:45 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

it almost sounds like the heater control might be failing. there is no relays for the heater system in the stock wiring which is why they are so prone to failing and in some cases causing fires. i would guess they thing you found under the dash was likely the seatbelt/door jamb buzzer. this is the heater control out of my 93 when it crapped out on me. it worked on and off for a while.i ended up bypassing it so the fan is always on and i ended up using the slower circuit for my remote start.<br /><a https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ht71E76uRkfiKrnb6

Last edited by crazzywolfie; 06-20-2018 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:24 AM
RM-D150
Amateur

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
it almost sounds like the heater control might be failing. there is no relays for the heater system in the stock wiring which is why they are so prone to failing and in some cases causing fires. i would guess they thing you found under the dash was likely the seatbelt/door jamb buzzer. this is the heater control out of my 93 when it crapped out on me. it worked on and off for a while.i ended up bypassing it so the fan is always on and i ended up using the slower circuit for my remote start.<br /><a https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ht71E76uRkfiKrnb6
Well thank you for your reply I could not recognize the electrical conector you took picture of. The one I had was black with two rows of male prongs sticking out. the top or one of the rows had two prongs the other row had maybe five there was also on the black plastic electric connector a little bit of a part of a clip or something that is suppose to fit into slot or hole some where but is not properly connected to the under the dash plsce where it is suppose to be but rather just hanging on the female connector part.

Old 06-22-2018, 01:10 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

the thing i posted a pic of was the heater control. they are prone to failing along with the fuse melting the panel.

the thing you unplugged likely looked like this. there is no relays under dash from the factory.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: help blower not blowing 1992 D150