2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Crazy Fan Issues just started

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 11:29 PM
akareddog
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy Fan Issues just started

I have a 2001 Ram 1500 4 X 4 5.2L. Today, I started my truck and the Fan is stuck on high. None of my A/C controls seem to work. I couldn't even turn off the A/C. Then I hit a bump and everything started working like normal. Ten minutes late everything was stuck on high again.

I drove home on a gravel road and everything went crazy....ever rut I hit kicked it on high or back to normal.

I could understand this if it was just the fan switch, but why is the Off/On switch also is not working.

Can someone give me a starting point to trouble shoot?

Thanks Shane

Old 06-20-2018, 11:41 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by akareddog
I have a 2001 Ram 1500 4 X 4 5.2L. Today, I started my truck and the Fan is stuck on high. None of my A/C controls seem to work. I couldn't even turn off the A/C. Then I hit a bump and everything started working like normal. Ten minutes late everything was stuck on high again.

I drove home on a gravel road and everything went crazy....ever rut I hit kicked it on high or back to normal.

I could understand this if it was just the fan switch, but why is the Off/On switch also is not working.

Can someone give me a starting point to trouble shoot?

Thanks Shane
I would check the connections. Pull the HVAC switch and check them, then look underneath the passenger side say should see 2 connections there check em. If that doesn't help you you have a wiring issue I would think but it also could be the switch itself has failed.

Old 06-21-2018, 03:30 AM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

Fan stuck on high is a shot resistor located under the passenger dash next to the blower motor. Easy and cheap fix. May have some other loose connections somewhere also. Pull the control panel from dash and check connections behind.

Old 06-23-2018, 01:22 AM
akareddog
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got it figured out. My wiring harness was rubbing under the glove box and wore thru and shorted out. Thanks for the help guys you nailed it and took 15 seconds to figure it out.

Shane

Old 06-23-2018, 04:26 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by akareddog
I got it figured out. My wiring harness was rubbing under the glove box and wore thru and shorted out. Thanks for the help guys you nailed it and took 15 seconds to figure it out.

Shane
Glad you got it fixed!

Quick Reply: Crazy Fan Issues just started