Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Second check valve location

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 03:24 PM
ramvan61
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Second check valve location

Would anyone know the location of a second check valve on our vans. Mine is 01 5.2. There is thread in the 2nd generation ram truck forum called "Wild vent workaroud". Moparite mentions there are two vacuum control valves one on the intake and one near the vacuum reservoir. I could not find the one near the reservoir. My question is do the vans have the second.check valve? Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited by ramvan61; 07-30-2018 at 01:00 PM. Reason: incorredt quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:27 PM
SteveR
Captain

The brake booster vacuum fitting has a check valve in it. I found that out when replacing the brake booster grommet.

Old 07-16-2018, 04:56 PM
ramvan61
Rookie

Thanks SteveR would that check valve affect the occasional defaulting of my hvac vents to defrost? I replaced the check valve on the intake already but still having problem just not as often.

Old 07-18-2018, 09:06 PM
SteveR
Captain

I do not know, I'm not familiar with that part of your van.

Old 07-18-2018, 10:04 PM
ramvan61
Rookie

SteveR thanks for responding to the problem. I believe, I found the second check valve for our vans. I will check mine to tomorrow to see if the location is correct for mine. This video may help someone having this problem with hvac vents on the vans. The video portion for our vans starts at 11:40 mark:

Old 07-19-2018, 03:06 PM
Widebody
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ramvan61
SteveR thanks for responding to the problem. I believe, I found the second check valve for our vans. I will check mine to tomorrow to see if the location is correct for mine. This video may help someone having this problem with hvac vents on the vans. The video portion for our vans starts at 11:40 mark:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ayGTFR9gHs
thanks for the video. I have the wild vent when going up hill the air blow only at the dash. I've changed the check valve near the throttle body with no help. I did not see a second check valve. I read that some models have them and some don't . The video was helpful to at least find out where the vacuum leaks are. Now I just need a smoke machine lol.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:29 PM
ramvan61
Rookie

I have not checked the second check valve located behind HVAC controls yet. I waiting till I receive the a part from mopar that will correct the default problem permanently. The part is for this http://dodgeram.info/tsb/1996/24-01-96a.htm. The part will be added to the HVAC vacuum line.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:39 PM
Widebody
Rookie

I have not checked the second check valve located behind HVAC controls yet. I waiting till I receive the a part from mopar that will correct the default problem permanently. The part is for this http://dodgeram.info/tsb/1996/24-01-96a.htm. The part will be added to the HVAC vacuum line.
I saved my old check valve that I replaced at the throttle body because it worked perfectly fine when I blew into it. Sounds like I can use that one for this location. I have a bluetooth obd2 reader that has the vacuum status. At idle I run about 20 in vacuum but at harder acceleration it drops down to 5 plus or minus a few pounds. That's when my blower goes to the dash. I'll try this check valve and see if it helps. Thanks for the link.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:57 PM
ramvan61
Rookie

The new part is not like the old small check valve here is the link:https://www.mymoparparts.com/oem-par...-check-4677204. I sent them my vin number to mopar and they tried to tell me the part will not work. I call a friend in that works for the Dodge parts dept. and asked him to see if the TSB is applicable to the 01 vans a he told it was. In fact he said that they would install it for 110 dollars.I would let them do it if I still lived in Weatherford Tx. I am in New Mexico now.

Last edited by ramvan61; 07-19-2018 at 09:59 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-19-2018, 10:03 PM
Widebody
Rookie

The new part is not like the old small check valve here is the link:https://www.mymoparparts.com/oem-par...-check-4677204. I sent them my vin number to mopar and they tried to tell me the part will not work. I call a friend in that works for the Dodge parts dept. and asked him to see if the TSB is applicable to the 01 vans a he told it was. In fact he said that they would install it for 110 dollars.I would let them do it if I still lived in Weatherford Tx. I am in New Mexico now.
interesting. A check valve is a check valve. The parts link you have seems to have a canister
also that serves as a small reservoir is my guess. Otherwise if it was strictly a check valve, I can't see why the old one would work except for maybe modifying the tubing just so it can connect.

Quick Reply: Second check valve location