Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Keep Blowing Ignition Fuse

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 03:30 AM
The Mad Stratus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Keep Blowing Ignition Fuse

I have a 2004 Stratus 2.4L with 4g64 (Mitsubishi Engine) and rather recently I started getting a blown ignition fuse and it was to the point where I would go through 5 fuses within 20 feet. I have checked my grounds and cleaned them up. I have removed all wiring harnesses and inspected the wiring and saw nothing out of the ordinary. I did swap out the starter which helped to minimize the blown fuses but naturally started blowing them again about a week later.

I have started using a 25 amp fuse instead of the 20A which has helped as well but will still blow sometimes. The Common Denominator is that it always seems to happen when making a hard right or while I'm accelerating through the turn. But also has happened on soft right turns with my foot off the gas. But its the right turn for some reason that makes it blow. TODAY I blew it again but after switching it out real fast my headlights didn't turn back on until the 4th time switching them on then off and the driver side did not come on, only the passenger did. Can it be related even though they run through separate fuses?

Quick Reply: Keep Blowing Ignition Fuse