1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Heated seats conversion from Costco

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 12:47 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Heated seats conversion from Costco

If any of you have Costco Membersheip, they are selling carbon fiber heating elements professionally installed for both front seats for $450. I am going to order a set for my 2000 R/T as it did not have a heated seat option. Maybe this is a good fix to replace the broken heated seats for the newer 1st gen owners?

https://www.costco.com/.product.1001..._0819_AutoSolo

Old 08-20-2018, 01:56 PM
Pspklutch
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a similar set up I got off of Amazon that I installed in my pick up. Plan to do the same to my Durango if I ever get around to fixing the drivers side leather. Wasn't hard to install. The switches are kind of cheap, but they still work several years later. I really can't complain. Definitely a nice touch in the winter time.

Old 08-20-2018, 09:28 PM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 376 Likes on 338 Posts

$450 is a lot of cheddar to drop for a little *** heat. Maybe with vinyl or leather, but I don't see the point for cloth. Don't listen to me though... I'm the warm blooded type that starts sweating 2 minutes after turning on seat warmers so I have no use for them.

Old 08-20-2018, 09:51 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

just be aware if you have air bag passenger presence detection using a load sensor in the passenger seat cushion.

Old 08-20-2018, 09:51 PM
Pspklutch
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dodgevity
$450 is a lot of cheddar to drop for a little *** heat. Maybe with vinyl or leather, but I don't see the point for cloth. Don't listen to me though... I'm the warm blooded type that starts sweating 2 minutes after turning on seat warmers so I have no use for them.
I feel similarly to you here. Having leather in both of my vehicles it is nice to have though. I only turn them on for a couple minutes then they're off. Don't use them as much as I thought I would. My wife though, her side remains on constantly for half the year. Had to wire the circuit to a relay supplied from the ignition switch so I don't come out to a dead battery every time my wife is in the truck. I think it was worth the $40 I spent. It is a butt warmer and lower/middle back warmer combo. For $450 though, it's nice to have, but that's pushing (or exceeding) the limits on what I would pay for an aftermarket luxury item on a vehicle this old.

Quick Reply: Heated seats conversion from Costco