4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Remote Start+Security

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 01:14 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts
Default Remote Start+Security

Looking into getting an aftermarket alarm and remote start for my 17 Ram Power Wagon and need opinions. I would like something I can hook up strobes to. I have it narrowed down to Compustar or Avital. Anybody have any input?
Thanks Austin!

Old 10-22-2018, 09:07 PM
Scout19d19d
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
Looking into getting an aftermarket alarm and remote start for my 17 Ram Power Wagon and need opinions. I would like something I can hook up strobes to. I have it narrowed down to Compustar or Avital. Anybody have any input?
Thanks Austin!
I had compustar in all my trucks and loved them. Most of their key fobs give you 1 mile + range with line of sight but the range is less with tall buildings in the way. The system is so good I would start my truck on final approach to the airport and after clearing baggage claim it would be toasty warm. Their controllers have more options and customizations then other remote starts too, like which lights come on, how long to run engine, start truck automatically if battery level goes too low, autostart if temperature goes below a specified temp, etc . They also have a add-on module that allows you to control the car basically anywhere in the world with a phone app. But that module is another $250 and requires a $100 a year subscription, but still a must when I lived in Alaska. My 2016 Ram came with a remote start and I can use the Uconnect app to remote start it from anywhere. But now the subscription fee is $149 a year but worth every penny.

Last edited by Scout19d19d; 10-22-2018 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:21 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Scout19d19d
I had compustar in all my trucks and loved them. Most of their key fobs give you 1 mile + range with line of sight but the range is less with tall buildings in the way. The system is so good I would start my truck on final approach to the airport and after clearing baggage claim it would be toasty warm. Their controllers have more options and customizations then other remote starts too, like which lights come on, how long to run engine, start truck automatically if battery level goes too low, autostart if temperature goes below a specified temp, etc . They also have a add-on module that allows you to control the car basically anywhere in the world with a phone app. But that module is another $250 and requires a $100 a year subscription, but still a must when I lived in Alaska. My 2016 Ram came with a remote start and I can use the Uconnect app to remote start it from anywhere. But now the subscription fee is $149 a year but worth every penny.
I'm not happy with the factory system. Doesn't impress me. I think I did decide on compustar I'm going to talk to a dealer/installer in a bit

Quick Reply: Remote Start+Security