1st Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 1st gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Got lucky at the Junk Yard

Old 01-18-2019, 03:49 PM
glenlloyd
Veteran
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Got lucky at the Junk Yard

Hey all
Decided to hit the JY before the supposed big snow storm arrives. Was a bit cold to do much and I did briefly think about going after a trans torque converter cover plate but then I got under the truck and decided there would be better days in the future, so I passed.

But then I decided to walk the truck yard and what did I find but a set of 4x6 Hella H4 headlights on a late 90's base S10. I haven't really looked for H4 headlights for a long time, I used to find them (round ones) quite often, but in recent years with the advent of composite aero lights on everything you don't see too many vehicles (except maybe fleet vehicles) that have sealed beams so there's less chance you'll see those replaced with H4 ecode lamps. Apparently someone who owned this base S10 didn't like the headlights because at some point not too long ago they threw down some $$ on a set of Hellas.

I was glad to find them, had already bought a set of Autopal H4 for the conversion to glass but now I might use these instead. Cleaned up nice when I got them home.

Steve

Old 01-18-2019, 06:25 PM
RalphP
Champion
Received 368 Likes on 340 Posts

Dang.

I'll have to walk the aisles and pay more attention!

RwP

Old 01-18-2019, 10:45 PM
glenlloyd
Veteran
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by RalphP
Dang.

I'll have to walk the aisles and pay more attention!

RwP
I hadn't really thought about them much in recent years but today for some reason as I was thinking it was too cold to be out there I decided to take a pass through the whole truck section and I reminded myself to keep a look out for special headlights and sure enough down the first row there they were.

From my experience no one really looks for special headlights so for the most part if they do come in they probably go to waste. I will be paying more attention in the future but I bet I don't see any for quite a while.

Steve

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got lucky at the Junk Yard