Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Getting into the market for a Magnum, not sure exactly what I want.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 01:48 AM
Evan Phillips
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting into the market for a Magnum, not sure exactly what I want.

Hey guys! I'm a recent college grad and am in need of a daily driver while I build my project car. Ever since I was a teen, I've loved the idea of a Magnum (it was my dream car in high school), and I think I'm finally in a position to start looking for one. Problem is, I don't exactly know what I want or what to look for. I live in a fairly snowy climate, so the R/T AWD has always stuck out to me, especially having the 5.7 in it. That being said, I'm a bit of a horsepower junkie and I'm worried I'll buy the R/T and just kick myself for not buying the SRT. Both are plentiful around my area and the cost difference isn't really an issue. So I guess I'm asking for testaments to each of them, why you like them or dislike them. Is the R/T that different from the SRT? General comments on reliability, what to look out for when buying, really anything like that would be very helpful as well. I don't plan on anything crazy mod-wise, as this is my daily, but I'll probably do an exhaust, wheels, and lower it if I think it needs it. And if it helps, I can do basically all work to it myself- save an alignment and tires, as I don't have the machinery, so general work/maintenance doesn't scare me.

Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:44 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Well, you can't get the SRT in AWD, so there's that. If having AWD is a determining factor, get the R/T AWD.

Old 03-19-2019, 10:08 AM
Evan Phillips
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Well, you can't get the SRT in AWD, so there's that. If having AWD is a determining factor, get the R/T AWD.
Sorry, I guess I didn't make that clear in my original post. I know the SRT is only RWD, and it's not an absolute must to have AWD, it would just be nice. My internal struggle is whether or not it's worth passing up on AWD for the 6.1

Quick Reply: Getting into the market for a Magnum, not sure exactly what I want.